Sunday, August 20, 2006

the glass castle..

just finished this book! Had to share with you as it has really touched me and can't stop thinking about it. I haven't read a book that has affected me like this since the 2 James Frey books. This is also a memoir! You can read a little about it here! Let me know if you read it! Would love to hear what you think! xoxo

5 comments:

sue(nbryan) said...

thanks for mentioning this book Kim!!! Looks like one 'I' would definitely enjoy reading. xoxo...

Anonymous said...

If you liked that book, you will probably like a book I am reading right now it is called Floor Sample, by Julia Cameron, she wrote The Artist's Way and a few other books for creative peeps. It is her story of struggles and trimph while pursueing a career as an artist.

Anonymous said...

I might just have to pick that up--looks good!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

Do you still dig the james fry books even after he was exposed as a little bit of a lier? Curious as I've heard differing oppinions of this. Some saying they wasted their time and some saying that even though it's not all true the books are still great.

Dede Warren said...

i LOVE this book! read it last year, as a rosie o'donnell pick. like you, i couldn't stop thinking of this family and especially jeanette and her siblings. let us know of any other gems you find. i am now reading *Marley & Me, a memoir of life with the worlds worst dog {their words not mine}