Sunday, April 03, 2011

hello!

It's been so long since I've posted on my blog. I recently became reconnected with a couple people on facebook (Hi Cheri and Patrice!) and they took a peek here and saw it's been awhile...so I revisited this and decided it's a nice place to look back at all the milestones and exciting things that happen in the Henkel house. So with that in mind, I will attempt to add things occasionally in an effort to be able to look back when I'm scrapbooking these memories. Last month was an exciting month as Carson was able to meet his Uncle Gary, Aunt Chihiro and cousin Ali who stopped for a visit as they were passing through from Japan to their next stop. My mom and Bryan had an amazing gathering at their house for our family and their home looked wonderful. We had an amazing time with great pictures to show for it. We love that sweet little family of 3! I'm still busy at work and try to find time to scrapbook here and there...and been working on 2 books for a friend and 1/3 done on the 2 book. I've enjoyed working on them for her and happy with how they have turned out. Once complete, it will be time to work on pages for Carson's book. Have recently met 2 friends through scrapbooking and am reminded how much I love this hobby. They are so much fun to be with and enjoy paper and stickers as much as I do! Hi Alex and Sandy! xoxo Carson is really enjoying the following these days:
His favorite kitty (pictured above) Somedays I wonder if he's going to lose his arms/legs...he has had to have some mending on his little neck. This kitty is loved oh so much!

Anything Mater/Cars...can't wait for Cars 2!
Loves the following shows: Babar, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Backyardigans, Wow Wow Wubzy. He is still a book lover. At school they said his favorite is "I love you stinky face". I have yet to locate this one at the library or Barnes and Noble. Carson is surprising us with new foods that he loves...we can add strawberries and craisins to the list. We took him to the park yesterday with such great weather and he loved kicking the ball around. Looking forward to summer for swim lessons or soccer. Bath time for that little monkey. Off I go.

7 comments:

colombianscrapper said...

Yippie, you are back to blogging. Congrats. I can too say I enjoy scrapping with you and the girls (HEEHEEHEE).

colombianscrapper said...

Its me ALex, just in case you had no idea who "colombianscrapper" is.

quiltsbycheri said...

thanks kim, i will enjoy being able to keep in touch with how all are growing, loving, laughing, creating etc....think of you often always fond memories...makes me feel good to know that your life is very full of love....

Sandy Bretz said...

"Sew" happy to see you back at it!! I look forward to sharing many more memories together! Love Ya!!

Kim Henkel said...

Love u 3...Alex, Sandy and Cheri!

Nora Griffin said...

Love seeing that you're back to blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! I have missed seeing your little guy grow up and your beautiful artwork...look forward to any new posts in that area as well! Do you have you work posted somewhere online for us to drool over!?! Your work is so inspiring and would love to see some of your newer work! Your little guy is adorable...any chance he might be getting a sibling in the near future!!?!! Thanks for coming back....I hcheck your blog semi-regularly to see if you had posted yet and voila! Yay! will be checking regularly from now on! Blessings!